Every EYFS PE Adventure follows Pippa and Eddie through a range of active and interactive activities developing childrenâs coordination, control and fundamental movement as well as their ability to communicate, share and work together.
We believe children learn in an integrated way and the EYFS PE Adventures provide active and enjoyable PE lessons linked to age related topics and appropriate learning styles.
During each story, children will:
- WARM UP with directed musical support
- Develop a range of fundamental MOVEment and locomotion skills,
have the opportunity to be CREATIVE
- Develop balance and CONTROL of their bodies
- COORDINATE their movements and develop upbeat manipulation
- Communicate and WORK TOGETHER with a partner or as part of a team
- Have the opportunity to COMPETE, learning to win and lose
- Think and overcome a CHALLENGE
- PARTICIPATE in a group activity, sharing and taking turns
- Receive a HEALTHY message involving opportunities for mindfullness or topical discussion
The resources, whether online, hard copy or both, provide teachers and practitioners with everything they need, making it easy for them to deliver fun, exiting, multi sensory PE lessons. The continuous and progressive aspects of each story means it can flexible and manipulated to suit the environment and structure of a busy timetable, whilst also allowing teachers to provide an enriched pedagogy promoted through a cross-curricular approach to learning.
The stories are also appropriate for KS1 to support and reinforce Physical Development and national curriculum objectives.